Canadian GIS & Geomatics owns and operates this website, and uses it promote the Canadian Geomatics sector.
We are committed to the privacy and security of our visitors’ information. The website address makes use of a secured SSL certificate therefore a HTTPS (Hyper Text Transfer Protocol Secure) should appear in the URL of this site (https://geomatics.one).
The following is a statement of our privacy practices:
- Your personal information is not required to visit our site
- Any personal information collected is knowingly provided by you and only when requested either during account registration for interactive participation on this site, registration to a mailing list or during an ordering process
- Your IP address is a numeric address assigned to your computer, assigned by your Internet service provider. Features on this site will automatically collect your IP address as traffic data so that it can send information back to you when requested. This is not used to identify any personal information.
- Referrers are references to the web address you linked from and is automatically passed along by your web browser. We collect referrers your browser sends as part of traffic data. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- System information such as your operating system/platform, and the type of web browser you use. This is not attached to personally identifiable information.
- Your information is maintained on a secure web server in what we believe to be a well protected environment.
- We only share personal information to billing companies for completing transactions for registration of events, no other purpose. No other information is shared with any other third-party company for any purpose, under any circumstance.
- We make every effort to preserve your privacy, personal information may be disclosed when required by law where we have a good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Cookies are used to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic.
This site relies on “cookie” technology to allow you to re-access your registered account profile during a web session. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
This Web site contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we except that users will exercise common sense, and are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our visitors to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site.
Other Content Sources
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We take every precaution to protect our visitor’s information. When visitors submit sensitive information via this web site, their information is protected both online and off-line.
We do everything in our power to protect user-information off-line. All of our customers’ information, not just the sensitive information mentioned above, is restricted in our offices. Finally, the servers that store personally identifiable information are in a secure environment, in a locked facility.
If visitors have any questions about the security on this site then we encourage them to contact us.
Our website uses Google Analytics, a service which transmits website traffic data to Google servers in the United States. Google Analytics does not identify individual users or associate your IP address with any other data held by Google.
Correcting, Updating, Deleting & Deactivating Personal Information
If a visitor’s personally identifiable information changes (such as zip code, phone, email or postal address), or if a visitor no longer desires our service, we provide a way to correct, update or delete/deactivate personally identifiable information. This can usually be done at the ‘Your Account’ page or by contacting our Customer Service.
NOTIFICATION OF CHANGES
If, however, we are going to use visitors’ personally identifiable information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection we will notify users by posting a notice on our web site for 30 days.